Cheshire East Council has produced a new Cemeteries Strategy for the borough. The strategy ensures that the provision of cemeteries meets local needs for existing and future residents within Cheshire East. Specialist consultants Harrison Design Development have been appointed to carry out this work on our behalf, who will be gathering information and evidence from many sources.
The Cemeteries Strategy aims to:
- Describe the council’s current obligation to maintain and receive closed burial grounds.
- Assess current cemetery provision in terms of capacity.
- Assess future demand for burial space with reference to population, demographics and projected local plan housing growth.
- Recommend future policy for cemetery provision.
- And in the light of modern trends to advise the council whether the current cemetery regulations are still fit for purpose and whether they require modernising.
A public consultation process will be undertaken to enable participation in the process which will be available at https://www.cheshireeast.gov.uk/council_and_democracy/council_information/consultations/consultations.aspx
Please do look through it and tell us what you think about the strategy, as we value all comments and suggestions you might have.
Project Manager – PMO| Project & Change| Floor 5 – Delamere House
Postal Address: Cheshire East Council, Municipal Buildings, Earle Street, Crewe CW1 2BJ
Direct Dial: 01270 375178